We recognize that conflict is a normal and often challenging part of life. Knowing how to communicate to avoid conflicts and how to resolve conflicts in a constructive way are important life skills. We believe facilitative mediation is a unique path to successfully resolving conflicts. Option to register for a 1.5 day or 4 day training.
1.5 DAY TRAINING: In the 1.5 day course, participants will gain a new perspective on conflict, learn principles of negotiation and acquire communication skills that will allow them to effectively resolve personal and professional disputes. Role plays, group discussions and lectures will be used to highlight the motivators of conflict, assess conflict management styles and provide tools for use in everyday negotiations.
Date: Friday, Jan. 31st 8:30am – 4:30pm & Saturday, Feb. 1st 8:30am – 12:00pm
4 DAY TRAINING: The lively 4-day course, Friday and Saturday for two consecutive weeks, teaches both the driving theory and principles of communication and the practical skills needed to mediate conflicts. Presentations, group exercises, mediation role-plays, and external observations allow for active engagement and provide a solid foundation of knowledge and skills.
The provided course material covers a variety of issues including communication, conflict, negotiation, mediation models and process, confidentiality, law, ethics, cultural diversity and the crafting of mediated agreements. Graduates of the training will learn diverse skills to:
- Communicate in conflict
- Diffuse stressful and difficult situations
- Bring disputing parties together
- Facilitate solutions to conflicts
Date: Friday & Saturday for two consecutive weeks. Attendance on all four days is necessary to receive Conflict Resolution Training, Mediator Certificate of Completion.
- Fri., January 31st & Sat., February 1st – 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Fri., February 7th & Sat., February 8th – 8:30am to 4:30pm
Continuing Education: As a continuing education provider, the 4 day Conflict Resolution Training qualifies for the following continuing education credit:
- Department of Real Estate (DRE) – 22 hours credit for realtors/agents (sponsor ID# 3316-1009).
- Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers (BREA) – 28 hours of credit for real estate appraisers (approval #1610561001).
- California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists (CAMFT) – 28 hours of credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LEPs, LPCCs, & Psychologists (approval #133293).